Disco rear shock absorber query

CBolton

Hi....on fitting a new rear shocks to a 300tdi...should the lowest washer dish away from the rubber bush or dish around the bush ? I have seen a pic of it dished out but can't find anymore to confirm...

my old ones are pretty hanging so hard to compare to the new one's

The picture is not for standard shocks, but after-market gas items. If the washer in the picture was the other way up, then the lip would bind on the inverted cup that is spot welded to the lower shock mounting. New shocks come with pictorial instructions as to the placement of the bushes and orientation of the washers either side of the rubbers, so you should pay attention to those instructions. The picture is incorrect for standard shocks, but not for the items I fitted. So it's both wrong and right :)

Les.

...thanks for the info.....not judging mate just trying to find the correct way to fit...I got new ****part one's (they were cheap :rolleyes: ) and no instructions, the bottom washer looks the same as the one in the pic so I fitted it the same as the pic as I found the fitting guide...then my mate suggested it might be wrong so got paranoid lol....so if the bottom washer is deep dish like that then I have fitted it right like the pic ?