Quick question on EFI

Jon White

Can anyone tell me which sensor is which on a 3.5 V8 with Flapper EFI?

Which is the coolant temperature sensor? Is it the one nearest the top rad hos witht he redish brown plug, or is it the one slightly further away with the cream coloured plug?

I'm confused and cannot find anything that tells me absolutely which is which!

Nige tells me its the reddish one, but the sensor doesnt look like the pics in the manual and I'm wondering if some muppets wired it up wrong in the past.

It runs beautifully when warm, but wont idle when its cold so first stop in my book is to check the coolant temp sensor.

Anyone help??

Thanks

Jon

The coolant temp sensor is the one closest to the plenum ………….. its normally has a blue top and plug, but I have also see white ones as well. Its just about possible to get a deep socket on it . These are about £11 each

The sensor on the outside of it …..i.e. closest to the dizzy is the thermo-time switch for deciding whether or not, and how long to fire the 9th injector for, during a cold start. This has a brown top and usually a brown connector. These are a tad more expensive .......... about £45 trade

Ian

AH.................the mists are clearing!!!!!!!

Makes sense now why when i shorted it with a 10k resistor it made bugger all difference!! I'll try testing the correct sensor this time and go from there........

thanks

Jon