tempt gauge

toon69

hi,ive got a x,reg k series with 140,000 on the clock.my car has developed a strange poblem for me so im hoping someone might be able to help.the first ting i notice is the temp gauge drops off and then i can feel a bad vibrating coming from the engine.the fans are working fine and water and oil is ok.this stops when the engine is swithed off and when left for a short while it starts ok and is fine again.any ideas!

Temp gauge drops to zero or goes off the top?

Bit of a strange one that, only things that spring to mind are a sticking thermostat causing an airlock near the gauge sender, or some electrical problem that affects everything (EG dodgy engine earth, alternator on the fritz). Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

hi again,the gauge drops back down as though the ignition is off, the noise I can hear is like a vibrating/pulsing which I think is from under the bonnet but its that bad I can feel it through the floor pan,

its happend twice in the last couple of days.