waterpump woes

Since changing the cambelt I've had the waterpump on and off 4 times !! I could race anyone to drain the cooling system and get the cowling off,mind you i would like to know if it's possible to remove the cowling without removing the top rad hose ? anyway,leak after leak ,changed the gasket and loads of sealant only to discover the brand new airtex water pump was CRACKED !!! am i unlucky or what ? and of course since i purchased it back in April the well-known LR supplier doesen't want to know. So i've ordered a new one and then maybe i can wangle something with the faulty one .

Since changing the cambelt I've had the waterpump on and off 4 times !! I could race anyone to drain the cooling system and get the cowling off,mind you i would like to know if it's possible to remove the cowling without removing the top rad hose ? anyway,leak after leak ,changed the gasket and loads of sealant only to discover the brand new airtex water pump was CRACKED !!! am i unlucky or what ? and of course since i purchased it back in April the well-known LR supplier doesen't want to know. So i've ordered a new one and then maybe i can wangle something with the faulty one .

Ask them if they've ever heard of the Sales of Goods Act, and specifically your statutory right that the goods must be of a reasonable quality. Failing like that after 3/4 months means it cannot have been so.

Ask them if they've ever heard of the Sales of Goods Act, and specifically your statutory right that the goods must be of a reasonable quality. Failing like that after 3/4 months means it cannot have been so.

It was faulty to start with; i purchased it in april but only put it on last week . :angry: