Rear Spreader Plate Options

As above. I was looking to fit a nato hitch to my 110, along with some heavy spreader plates. However the fuel tank cradle supporting my plastic tank bolts onto the inside of the rear crossmember exactly where id want to put the inside spreader plate. Does anyone know what my options are on this...

I'm changing the 90 over to a DB adjustable drop plate.

I can then either fit the NATO or combination ball/pin hitch. Had been running with both hitches fitted, but if a trailer with 50mm ball hitch wont allow hitch to rotate the NATO prevents hooking up the trialer (as I discovered two nights ago when collecting a caravan for sister-in-law - had to remove the NATO).

Wasn't happy with the NATO mounting anyway - the spreader plate had been mounted under the hitch as the internal shape of the X-member prevented it being fitted in the correct spot!

Cheers,

• 5 months later...

Guys

I'm new to this forum - I'm a WWII Jeep owner.

I'm looking to attach a drop hitch with my WWII pintle on the top (I understand it's the same as a Nato for hole size) with a ball hitch on the bottom for towing a small caravan.

What is the 'spreader' for and would I be advised to get one for the Jeep?

Many thanks

REG