Drop arm kit

Hi all, My 90 failed its mot today on the ball joint on the end of the steering drop arm, I have purchased a kit, which includes a lot of parts n washers, ball ect, has anyone on here done one of these before ? if so any help would be great, P.s its a 51 plate TD5 90

Or really pushing me luck, Anyone want to come round n do it ? I make exellent Tea :D

it's much easier to do with the drop arm ON the vehicle as the weight will assist you it's also easier with two pairs of hands

just follow the thread and put the parts together in sequence, the most dificult part is putting the final circlip on, I used an

extension bar from a 1/4 socket set, on top of a bottle jack (slipping the circlip over the bar before jacking it into place,

when you jack it up the parts all compress and you can slip the circlip into place and with circlip pliers make sure it is properly in place, ( before loosening the jack, give the circlip a sideways tap with a hammer and screwdriver just to satisfy yourself that it is ok then release the jack.

slip the top rubber boot on and its wire ring and-------bob's your uncle.