Diesel filter for 2.25

motom

Hi,

I posted this in the Military forum earlier but no one seemed to know the answer. I'm hoping someone here knows :)

I have a 79 lightweight that needs a new diesel filter, but when I contacted Paddocks they couldn't tell me if it uses the same filter as the civilian 2.25 diesel. Does anyone know if the filters mounted on the engine block and the ones mounted on the firewall are the same?

Thanks,

-Anders

Hi,

I posted this in the Military forum earlier but no one seemed to know the answer. I'm hoping someone here knows :)

I have a 79 lightweight that needs a new diesel filter, but when I contacted Paddocks they couldn't tell me if it uses the same filter as the civilian 2.25 diesel. Does anyone know if the filters mounted on the engine block and the ones mounted on the firewall are the same?

Thanks,

-Anders

Just looked up the parts manuals and the ones I've got don't cover the Diesel.

Is it a Dutch LtWt?

Could you post up some pictures of the filters please?

G.

As far as I know, the Dutch army Lightweights had the civvy 2.25Diesel engine fitted. I would therefore assume that the civvy filter is what you use. I have to say I don't know for definite though.

There's a LTWT owners club though - they would be able to tell you what you need.

http://www.lightweightlandroverclub.org/

Les.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't have the lightweight nearby at the moment, but it is a Danish 24V version with the diesel filter fitted to the engine. Don't know if that is a military 2.25 diesel thing or not. I hope they use the same filter and may just get one to try as I have to order some other parts anyways.

Thanks for the link to the lightweight club. I'll post over there and see if they know :)

Cheers,

-Anders

• 2 months later...