I've found some electric problems

nino

ive got sum electrical problems on my 1993 200tdi 90

the wipers, no intermitent function and when you switch on and then switch off they park where they got switched off at, not the normal park position

when the fullbeam is on and i turn the engine off theres a buzzing behind the clocks and when the engine is started again it knocks out the nearside head and main beam

the fuel guage dont go to full, filled up yesterday and the only goes half way, when driving with a full tank the guage sometimes wonders from half to empty

theres a switch on the dashwith a pic of a light, it has 3 positions, is this a interior light switch? i have the door pins but no lights and i want to fit sum, where do the wires that go to the head lining come from, is it behind the dash like the td5 or elsewhere?

the wipers, no intermitent function and when you switch on and then switch off they park where they got switched off at, not the normal park position

either a dead park switch or a sticky intermittenrt relay.

when the fullbeam is on buzzing behind the clocks and when the engine is started again it knocks out the nearside head and main beam

sounds like a sticking dim dip relay, pink case if fitted

the fuel guage dont go to full, filled up yesterday and the

only goes half way, when driving with a full tank the guage sometimes wonders from half to empty

could be a worn sender unit or the float arm is trapped or float is holed or a poor connection or a duff gauge

theres a switch on the dashwith a pic of a light, it has 3 positions, is this a interior light switch? i have the door pins but no lights and i want to fit sum, where do the wires that go to the head lining come from, is it behind the dash like the td5 or elsewhere?

switch for interior lights, it might also switch the dash lights off/on, wire from interior light runs from light behind your head to the screen pillar then down side of dash to engine bay right & left rearmost corners, look for a blue/purple colour wire IIRC

You might have more people willing to assist if they could read your post, without having to imagine where full stops might be, and what the meaning of words like 'sum' is.

Sorry to be a grumpy old man, but it doesn't take much effort to write correctly....

ok i try my best simon

thanks for that western, have some more questions for your answers

whats and park switch and where will that be. the relay, is this in the fuse box below the dash above the transmission tunnel?

the fuel guage problem, its not the guage because when i joined the 2 wires from the sender the guage shot up no problems, just need to see if i can take it out the tank with out braking anything lol

the switch doesnt do anything when switched, i have found 2 wires and yea it is purple and i think a black one with bullet connectors on , take it theres another loom that needs to be connected to this? for the front and/or back lights as it has back windows and seats or is there not a light in the back?

another thing

my car has rear wash and wipe but no switches in the front for this? either theyve been taken out or my car was not a sw as it came out the factory, it couldnt of been a pick up as theres no brackes for a drop down tailgate then again it has had a new rear crossmember so id never know?

whats and park switch and where will that be.it's on the wiper motor, the white translucent socket the plug fits in, it just clips on to the motor & then connect the wires

the relay, is this in the fuse box below the dash above the transmission tunnel?behind fusebox metal panel above gearbox tunnel, it has a red case, there's a photo of it in another thread in the defender forum

the fuel guage problem, its not the guage because when i joined the 2 wires from the sender the guage shot up no problems, just need to see if i can take it out the tank with out braking anything lol

likely a poor sender unit or trapped float arm or just dirty connections, are the wires on back of gauge tight ?

the switch doesnt do anything when switched, i have found 2 wires and yea it is purple and i think a black one with bullet connectors on , take it theres another loom that needs to be connected to this? for the front and/or back lights as it has back windows and seats or is there not a light in the back? rear interior light wasn't a standard fit IIRC, but nothing to stop you fitting a plunger switch at the tail door & connecting a interior light to it & a power supply.

another thing

my car has rear wash and wipe but no switches in the front for this? either theyve been taken out or my car was not a sw as it came out the factory, it couldnt of been a pick up as theres no brackes for a drop down tailgate then again it has had a new rear crossmember so id never know? not all station wagons or hardtops had rear wash/wipe fitted, if the wiring is in place you can buy/fit the switch & connect it up, see diagram below, viewed from the connection face of switch

post-20-099469000 1286737756_thumb.gif

i wish i never started lol

i prefer the way the td5 wires are behind the dash much neater lol

this wire i found up on the roof, theres power to it all the time with the doors open or closed, switch the switch and still power to it switch it again(or other way depending where it was) and the power goes out, shud these wires turn on when the front doors open?

the fuel guage, all wires are on good and tight with no corrosion, ive ordered a sender unit as they wernt that expensive

the rear wash wipe im goin to leave for now

ive also found the heated rear window not to work, no light on dash nor is the relay clicking the fuse is ok but im not getting power either side of the fuse so where is the power from this come from

i have a link to the td5 wire diagram but not for the 200tdi, where can i find this?

this wire i found up on the roof, theres power to it all the time with the doors open or closed, switch the switch and still power to it switch it again(or other way depending where it was) and the power goes out, shud these wires turn on when the front doors open? door switches go to earth to put the light on.

ive also found the heated rear window not to work, no light on dash nor is the relay clicking the fuse is ok but im not getting power either side of the fuse so where is the power from this come from behind dash,in forward right corner, see if the yellow VS relay is fully seated or if it's even fitted, the relay next to it is for rear screen heater

i have a link to the td5 wire diagram but not for the 200tdi, where can i find this? http://landroveroneten.com/index.php/general/land-rover-manuals/

look in the Defender, Ninety & One Ten Manuals on that link, IIRC you need book 5, use the diagram titled composite for all models 1986 onwards.

things have started working lol

im fitted my new 36LED interior light, the switch on the dash works aswell, what i have found is that as my oors dont close propley the light stays on so i will be getting myself some longer ones

heated rear window now works, bashed the relays about a bit, cleaned the terminals and fitted a missing bulbe in the dash and that works, well it lights up anyway not had the chance to see if it demists

this wiper parking problem, ive changed the relay from a mates that is working but still no intermitent and self parking, the white bit on the motor, can this be adjusted or replaced because when i switch it to intermitint i hear a clicking noise coming from the motor or is it new motor?

think thats it for now lol

im fitted my new 36LED interior light, the switch on the dash works aswell, what i have found is that as my oors dont close propley the light stays on so i will be getting myself some longer ones Vehicle Wiring Products stock these with longer pins, cut the pin so adjust the switch.

heated rear window now works, bashed the relays about a bit, cleaned the terminals and fitted a missing bulbe in the dash and that works, well it lights up anyway not had the chance to see if it demists that's good news :D

this wiper parking problem, ive changed the relay from a mates that is working but still no intermitent and self parking, the white bit on the motor, can this be adjusted or replaced because when i switch it to intermitint i hear a clicking noise coming from the motor or is it new motor?

park switch clips on, it's a tight fit, LR part number is click this >>> 520160

i try my local electrical place for longer pin switches as they had some when i needed them for my td5 build, as they hadnt sold any for years all i had to do was donate to there tea and coffee fund

i will be ordering one of those then i think to see if that cures it or i may just live with it as im planing to either sell or rebuild it early next year and it needs a new bulkhead

yea it is, just too bloody expensive lol

allready i have a £200 recharge im due when i get paid to get it thru the mot and get my extras fitted lol

fitted my 2nd battery with split charge system and run new winch power cables as the cable i ran before was shorting sumwhere so i had to replace it just need to run a bit of 3 core for the in cab winch control

then thats it for a few days as i would like to got home at 530 a few evenins and not 830 becasus of working on the landrover lol

ive still yet to fit the winch rope to my other car, the winch has been on it for 3 weeks now lol