Defender Wind shield in a S3 ????

Muttland

Hi to all:

Adapt a Defender Wind shield in a S3 ????

Is possible to do this mod.?

I was obtained a Defender Hood w/ the hardware , and the Defender hood Rail used over the Wind Shield is diferent to the serie is.

Thanks

Enrique

Yes for a 109, as it is the same length as a 110, but no for a 88 as the 90 is much longer than the 88". It is a bolt on modification.

Sacrilege, all the same - sell the defender hood and buy a proper hood kit, or even just the hood and the rail - all wheel trim sell individual parts, as do many other retailers.

G.

Thanks Gazzar for your replay:

Y know Gazzar this is a great Sacrilege, but....

Y will go to the church after do the mod. :rolleyes::rolleyes: and ask for pardon.....

In mi country is very hard to buy England parts for the correct Serie rail hood, and the def. wind/ is possible for me to obtain it in a bargain opportunity

"Saludos desde Uruguay"

Enrique

Thanks Gazzar for your replay:

Y know Gazzar this is a great Sacrilege, but....

Y will go to the church after do the mod. :rolleyes::rolleyes: and ask for pardon.....

In mi country is very hard to buy England parts for the correct Serie rail hood, and the def. wind/ is possible for me to obtain it in a bargain opportunity

"Saludos desde Uruguay"

Enrique

I understand!

What I'd suggest is that you go to a local fabricator/metal engineering firm. They'd be able to make up a rail from a photograph. The parts are not difficult to make.

I can post up detailed photos if you need. And measurements, in mm if necessary. You could then get your hood modified to fit - again a local cover company should do it.

Who knows, you might start up a little business for yourself selling these to all of South America!

Have a look at all wheel trim website - it has pictures of the parts.

G.

Very very Thanks Gazzar for your replay.

If is possible for you a good pic and the correct measurement of the Serie Rail is very good for me.

The pic in the Exomr trim and All Wheel Trim pages are little to see the details.

The other possible is to make one complement rail adaptor to be located above the Serie Wind-shield to receive the aluminnium Defender hood rail.

What do you think about?

Enrique

(From Uruguay; the land of Forlan :)

Very very Thanks Gazzar for your replay.

If is possible for you a good pic and the correct measurement of the Serie Rail is very good for me.

The pic in the Exomr trim and All Wheel Trim pages are little to see the details.

The other possible is to make one complement rail adaptor to be located above the Serie Wind-shield to receive the aluminnium Defender hood rail.

What do you think about?

Enrique

(From Uruguay; the land of Forlan :)

It's dark and raining now (I'm in Ireland - land of rain, Guinness, race horses, inventors and thick politicians) but tomorrow I hope to tidy up my various pieces of Landrover hood. So I'll take some pictures for you, then.

Your idea of having a filler piece is sheer genius! Get an old defender screen, hack off the top, weld a rail that will bolt to a series screen to the top, and then plate the gap that remains.

Simples!

G.