Bumper and Light Upgrade - Post 02 Disco 2

Defender_300Tdi

Hi All!

I am new to the Discovery forum as I normally hang out on the Defender one...so long story short I am in the process of searching and hopefully buying a Disco 2. I would like to go for a pre 02 one so that I can try to avoid the horrid tax increases. Anyway I have seen documented how to change the headlights to the later spec ones but I can’t seem to find anything on changing the front bumper (which I will plan on doing eventually). Does the new one use the existing fixings? What should I be looking to pay for both a set of headlights and a bumper?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Rob

Personnally I have seen some rather nice looking D2 heavy duty bumpers on ebay and the like with built in fog lights like those on the later facelifted D2's. So I would go for that as I doubt there will be much difference in cost and you will get all the benefits of the HD bumper.

Cheers

Personnally I have seen some rather nice looking D2 heavy duty bumpers on ebay and the like with built in fog lights like those on the later facelifted D2's. So I would go for that as I doubt there will be much difference in cost and you will get all the benefits of the HD bumper.

Cheers

When I get the funds together I'll be going for one of these:

http://www.tp4x4.com/landrover_discovery_2.htm

I visited when I was near them on holiday. Very helpful folk.