2nd hand galvanised chassis

Hi, I bought off eBay a 200tdi 90 rolling galvanised chassis and td5 tub and bulkhead... I was going to used this as a base to rebuild my 200tdi 90. But I don't have the original receipt for the chassis, I'd like to keep the original Reg if possible but I'm not too fussed.

The chassis on my 90 is nackerd! Even part of the chassis Buber has rotten away aswell as the other 99% of the chassis.

Should I cut my losses, sell the galv chassis I bought an buy a brand newie? Bearing in mind the engines bolted in with the dash and electrics

:-(

Does the galv chassis you have, have a chassis number on it..??? if it does, then you really need to use the identity that that chassis has already been used with, however, if it doesn;t have a number, i would say (and this is my opinion) that you could use it along with your registration......... lots of people will have different views no doubt, at the end of the day its your choice

If the chassis is as you say-without any number's on it (front drivers side dumb iron) then use the chassis that you have bought ,get it stamped with your number on it-it's a like for like swap anyway

Make sure though you have got photo's of your original chassisand show it being destroyed and show the chassis number on one of the photo's as part of it being destroyed

John

My galv chassis doesnt have any number stamped on it.

As long as your original chassis is destroyed, then the new galv chassis assumes the identity of the old one. Cut off the section of your old chassis that has the number stamped on it and keep it safe. Then destroy your old chassis so that it cant be used in the future on another vehicle by someone else.

If your old chassis stays in circulation, you may need to re-register your Defender with a Q-plate.