Windscreen wipers

LR90

OK, well some clown decided ripping my wiper arms off and mangling them would be fun but to make things worse the DS shaft got snapped on one of the wheel boxes too. :angry: Hmm, no prob's think I, little realising this small part requires most of the dash striping out, inc the demisters.

post-9-086682700 1289055510_thumb.jpg

Anyway job done but....

These bits, wiper adapters:

stc987.jpg:

do they or the wipers come with different splines? I know fitting the wipers can be tight but expect a positive click when its home not these wipers (PRC4276) which seemed to have much courser splines than the adapters. In the end I had to fit the wipers to the adapters on the bench (with a lump hammer :huh: ) and then put them back on the vehicle. Gets it mobile again but I'm not happy. What have I done wrong/missed?

The part number you've listed has been superseded by STC987 which have a grub screw instead of a hex head bolt.the other variant is/was RTC4480 which has the hex head bolt see page 777, item 20 listed as drum splined,but not actually identified on the diagram.

both should match the wiper arm splines without getting a thump from a big hammer, maybe yours are non genuine parts & splines are different.