Anybody know how to wire a light bar disco 1

piey62

Get a length of 2core wire a 30a relay ( same as what come with horn Kits n stuff) take a main beam feed to the relay to switch on/off a power feed to relay, the out power wire up to the lightbar the wire in series, earth wire off relay to chassis/earthpoint earth wire off lights onto lightbar mounting bolt if your lights

Have sidelights just run a feed up to the lightbar off current sidelight circuit ;) simple way of explaining it prob not enough physical info tho

Erm, lights are wired in PARALLEL, not series, otherwise you drop voltage across each lamp.

If you have 4 lights, 2 core wire is fine, and a 30A relay is fine too, both assuming you are only running 55W bulbs. If running 100W bulbs then you need to duplicate the circuit, and only run a pair off each circuit. Earth everything to the battery, a much more secure way of doing things.

For a wiring diagram, you should have used the search function, I found it within 30 secs:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=27169

All credit to Western, I believe.

My bad on series/parallel it been a while since I did gcse physics lol

Also how I described a signal relay trigger off your headlights so they come on then you can also install a 'three way switch' which basically is a fused wire from your battery to a normal (correct ampage) switch then run the wire back to your relay signal wire so you can use them as spotlights instead of main beam without even having to switch your headlights on ;) perfect if your wading in the dark or just want to go trekking

Some caravan shops sell a 5 core trailer cable rather than 7 core, it's fitted to modern caravans on the 12S socket. Each cable on the 12S should be rated at between 10 and 16 amps.

If you want to the lamps to come on either-or, say via a switch as worklights or with the main beam then you need to use 2 relays or a diode. I have my fogs come on via a switch from the sidelights or with the main beam Aux lights by using a diode in the feed form the aux lights. I also used one micro relay for each lamp, I keep them in a watertight box which unfortunatley prevents them cooling so I have to reduce their switching capacity.