Noisy Serpentine Belt

mr_mcp

Hi, my belt is making a loud high pitched squeal at the moment. I've changed the alternator and the belt tensioner and the other pulleys seem fine. When I spray the belt with WD40 the noise stops for a little while. The belt isn't very old at all and looks alright to me. I changed it back over to my old one and it seems to make the same noise.

Any ideas what may be causing this??

Thanks in advance!

I've looked at a few posts regarding the penny fix and it sounds like a possible solution although I’m baffled as to why this would suddenly come around out of the blue??

I took of my belt last night and painstakingly inspected each and every thread with a screwdriver. There were a few lodged in bits of grit and some shiny areas (not sure if that’s normal on new belts)? Would it be obvious if my belt was shagged? It looks okay to me but I could be missing something...

Looking back at my receipts it looks like I last replaced the belt back in March.

Thanks again!