10 - 24 spline

nickt

I am pretty sure they won't as is, 24spine shafts from a 90 definately will not fit into an early 90 axle any way (I found this out the hard way)I assume disco shafts will be the same.

The stub axles are shorter on a 24 spline axle and the shafts corrispondingly shorter. (There is a guide on the Ashcroft site for reference I think)

It should be possible to swap the stub axles and hubs over if you have a disc braked 90 axles although as kev says yours should be drum braked at that age.

Having said all that the entire axle will swap over easily AND give you disc brakes, probable the best way to go if you have the rest of the axle as well as the diff and shafts.

rear axle was NOT specified only asked if the 24 spline & diff shafts would fit a 10 spline axle casing, no mention of front or rear or brake type.

Fair point and as far as I am aware the front diff and shafts would swap with no problem proved the outer ends matched the existing CV's, the lenghts should be correct any way.

well job done maybe should of been clearer it was a front axle I already have a 300tdi rear axle but broke my 300tdi front so was running an original 10 spline.

The diff and shafts do fit but needed 4 studs off a 300tdi axle for the diff as the original ones were shorter so wouldnt be able to put nuts on (slightly different machining on diff housing) as someone stated stub axles are shorter and the hubs are different as well so had to use the later stub shafts, hub, and discs. I tried it this way thinking it would be quicker than swapping an axle again but I was wrong (oh well worth a try)