Lots of play in the rear prop which axle is it

wack61

I have a noticible clunk when pulling away, having looked at it on the ramp you can turn the rear prop about 1/4 of a turn before anything happens so i'm told the diff is goosed, it's a 1994 110 high capacity chassis no SALLD.

There are numbers on the casing CO8HA-004-027

anybody know which axle it's likely to be so I can look for another, there's a couple on ebay but they're from a discovery and though they state 24 spline and they'll fit a defender i've looked at a 1995 defender axle and it's different.

My apologies if this is a really daft question but i'm new to all this

I agree with western on the amount of play. Mine has always had that amount of play from new. The Salisbury is a terrible thing to adjust so I have always put up with it. The play encourages smooth gear changes as otherwise the whole thing goes into a terrible kangarooing act, especially downhill. The only thing to do is to change up.