Paintwork problem

marsie

Just recently i fitted a pair of new doors to my 90.I sprayed the doors with some paint called turbo from carlac and was really impressed with the finish.

But a couple of weeks later i competed in an event and got the car muddy.when i washed the car the doors were all rough where the mud had been as though the mud had reacted with the paint.It was as thought the mud had burnt the paint but it only happened on the 2 new panels.

What am i doing wrong,any paint experts out there?

Paul :(

Just recently i fitted a pair of new doors to my 90.I sprayed the doors with some paint called turbo from carlac and was really impressed with the finish.

But a couple of weeks later i competed in an event and got the car muddy.when i washed the car the doors were all rough where the mud had been as though the mud had reacted with the paint.It was as thought the mud had burnt the paint but it only happened on the 2 new panels.

What am i doing wrong,any paint experts out there?

Paul :(

its quite common for fresh paint to be affected by the elements, limestone, clay & acid in the soil, berrys,

(hence why bird droppings eat through paint)

can all eat into the top surface of fresh paint, by fresh i mean anywhere upto 6-8 weeks

regards

graham

Paint - don't talk to me about paint. I've developed a psychological allergy to paint in recent weeks. The smell of cellulose thinners may be nice, and bring on hallucinations of alien creatures living in the broom cupboard, but actually applying it/making it look nice/having no runs/it requiring hours on end of polishing/matching the shade of one panel with another even when using the same paint from the same tin, is a major task (and also an impossible one).

Les. :(

its quite common for fresh paint to be affected by the elements, limestone, clay & acid in the soil, berrys,

(hence why bird droppings eat through paint)

can all eat into the top surface of fresh paint, by fresh i mean anywhere upto 6-8 weeks

regards

graham

Well that makes sense,unfortunately i didnt have 6-8weeks for the paint to harden.Come to think of it i cant remember ever having 6-8 weeks without an event :blink: so i guess i will be repainting them every event if i want them to look nice :o

Paul

th_D4.jpg

th_D3.jpg