200Tdi Conversion

Chris x

Hello!

I have nearly sorted the wiring for my 200Tdi, the main thing now is to connect the fuel lines and fit rads, pipes e.t.c.

The Series was origanally a 2.25 petrol. I cannot get the existing fuel lines to reach the engine, so I was wondering how people go around this problem? Can you buy extended lines? Fittings e.t.c? I would also need a fuel return to the tank. I have searched but cannot find a brake line that will attach to my tank, which has the 90 degree elbow. Not sure if I would have to go second hand of a Diesel Series?

I was also wondering if I would need any longer pipeing for the intercooler, radiator e.t.c. I have both Series and Disco rads avaiable. Im guessing I would have to use the Disco rad due to the built in intercooler.

I have a Defender front if that makes much difference.

Thanks in advance! :lol:;)

An autofactors will sell you fuel hose. Buy a few m and some jubilee clips. You can then extend the pipe coming from the tank and run a line back to the tank.

I expect the fitting on the tank will be one of these strange 'imperial' sizes. It might be worth seeing if you can pull it off and take it to a hydraulics place to see if they have something to fit.

I can't remember if you need to extend pipework at all. I'd use the discovery rad/intercooler out of preference.

You will need to recycle the threaded ends from the previous installation. You can push the replacement rubber fuel hose over plastic hose (with the threaded end attached) and pop a jubilee clip over the top. Be careful not to overtighten or you will crush the plastic pipe underneath. If you can't get a good seal, then you'll need a metal ferrule to insert into the plastic pipe to make it more rigid (I've never needed one!)

That said, I think all the fittings are metal pipe anyway. Certainly in/out of fuel filter and injection pump are. So you only need to worry about lift pump and tank.

The thread on the series tank is 1/4 BSP IIRC.

Just make up the fuel lines to suit.

You will need to make up coolant/intercooler hoses to suit as they'll be too short, as will the oil coolepipes.

You may need to clock the compressor housing on the turbo round to a better angle to make the pipes fit.

Jon