strange electrical problems

tort172

hi everone i'm wondering if anyone has had this problem that is bugging me on my 97 300tdi es

i am in the process of finding a water leak i beleive its the sunroof but not sure and also the rear tailgate seal as i have water on the load cover in the mornings

this i can live with as i will eventually track it down and cure it

however the electical issues are more annoying and definately linked to the water but dont know where

all summer the car is fine but as soon as it gets wet inside things stop working and always the same things without exception

they are

heated rear screen

rear fog light

rear wiper but the washer always works regardless

the auto wipe when you use the front screen washers but wipers work fine

interia lights stop working

the alarm to say your keys are in the ignition and door is open doesnt go off

front heated screen

the only other thing it has done is to leave the interior lights on constant and the light around the ignition barrel on constantly

any help would be greatly appreciated with this or the water leak as i have so far sealed up the sunroofs checked all the drains cant find a leak anywhere but the headlining is wet to the front right of the sunroof and the edge of the headlining all the way down drivers side and across windscreen is wet

please help me before i lose my sanity and burn the stupid thing cheers chris

yeah both footwells are wet didn't know it had a multifunction unit on fuse box sounds like that's the kiddie I'll take it all out and see if I can do a temporary waterproofing job till I get the leak fixed many many thanks as this has been driving me mad trying to work out what could stop them all at once