More What's It Worth

geoffbeaumont

I've got the chance to aquire yet another knackered range rover :rolleyes: from a friend's sister. I've no desire to break another one but there are a couple of bits I'd quite like to nab off it and then sell it on - namely a rather nice stainless exhaust and the LPG sill tanks.

The truck (a '92 Vogue SE auto) is mostly okay - from memory it's a bit scruffy inside (knackered head lining, general wear and tear). Upper tailgate is past its best and I'm not sure it locks any more. One door needs replacing. What's finished it off is the engine - runs okay, but only if you don't mind laying down a smoke screen every time you boot it - we think its got a seized piston ring - and has apparently been a bit lacking in go for some time. It's been standing for several months - nothing special kit wise, velour interior, LPG kit (venturi type - don't know the make) which is currently not working, thought to be a stuck fuel cut off solenoid. Not sure about mileage - around 125k, I think. I don't think it has tax or MOT.

Thing is...I'm not too sure what to offer her for it. I don't want to rip her off, but neither do I want to pay over the odds. So...

What's a fair price for the truck as it is? What could I expect to sell it on for minus the sill tanks and exhaust (could probably get the LPG kit working before removing the tanks, and fit my old exhaust)?

Edited to say:

I'd be nicking at least one ABS sensor off it, too, which isn't going to help the resale...

Edited by geoffbeaumont

I've got the chance to aquire yet another knackered range rover :rolleyes: from a friend's sister. I've no desire to break another one but there are a couple of bits I'd quite like to nab off it and then sell it on - namely a rather nice stainless exhaust and the LPG sill tanks.

The truck (a '92 Vogue SE auto) is mostly okay - from memory it's a bit scruffy inside (knackered head lining, general wear and tear). Upper tailgate is past its best and I'm not sure it locks any more. One door needs replacing. What's finished it off is the engine - runs okay, but only if you don't mind laying down a smoke screen every time you boot it - we think its got a seized piston ring - and has apparently been a bit lacking in go for some time. It's been standing for several months - nothing special kit wise, velour interior, LPG kit (venturi type - don't know the make) which is currently not working, thought to be a stuck fuel cut off solenoid. Not sure about mileage - around 125k, I think. I don't think it has tax or MOT.

Thing is...I'm not too sure what to offer her for it. I don't want to rip her off, but neither do I want to pay over the odds. So...

What's a fair price for the truck as it is? What could I expect to sell it on for minus the sill tanks and exhaust (could probably get the LPG kit working before removing the tanks, and fit my old exhaust)?

Edited to say:

I'd be nicking at least one ABS sensor off it, too, which isn't going to help the resale...

Well one's with MOTs are going for as little as £500 now, so I reckon 250 would be fair. I'd be more that happy to take the remains off your hands as I could do with the base for a new trialler......

Dave