Replacing a truck cab rear window

The rear window in my 1994 Hi Cap pickup is pretty knackered, the sliding catch is broken, it rattles like you wouldn't believe and somebody has put silicone all over it to try and stop the rattling

I found a shiny new one on ebay for £88 delivered so was thinking of ordering it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEFENDER-TRUCK-CAB-REAR-SLIDING-WINDOW-GENUINE-NEW-/390269509806?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5adde020ae

My question is are they all the same dimensions and is it an easy screw in fit or am I going to have to learn the 1970s technique with a length of rope and a knot

The headlining has been stapled up as well so i'll probably take that out and glue it back in properly while i'm at it.

i got my new window off flebay genuine part, easy enough to fit but i got it for 69 quids and i think theyr still on there so if you do a bit of searching youll find a cheap one.

just remeber if you use lazy tong rivet gun then you need to take the seats out also put silicon on when you fit the window so it seals on the metal properly.

oh and they still rattle, cuz the sliding locks have poo tolerances i found if you recline the seats a bit more then they touch the windows and stop the rattles :)

tom

i found if you recline the seats a bit more then they touch the windows and stop the rattles :)

not with mine, a passenger is needed aswell as lol

or wot i have found on a nice warm day is if you open the window and lock it on the first opening both sides the rattle goes, not tried this in this weather yet tho lol

not with mine, a passenger is needed aswell as lol

or wot i have found on a nice warm day is if you open the window and lock it on the first opening both sides the rattle goes, not tried this in this weather yet tho lol

This is my solution for my driver's side door window. I rattles when done all the way up but is ok if you wind it down just a tad. most inconvenient when its bloomin' freezing outside :rolleyes: