Is my Transfer box working correctly ?

garyjrode

Good morning all.

I have a D2 4.0 ES X-reg, lately it seem the front wheels tend to spin on fast pull away or slippery surfaces, I tried to test it in a muddy patch and the front wheels do seem to be turning quicker than the rear wheels yet there is drive to all 4 tyres and the T/C kicks in, could there be a problem with the split in the drive from the transfer box, how do I check for correct operation of the t-box.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Gary

That is fairly normal (front wheels spin first) if you have drive to all 4 once the ETC kicks in then there is no problem. Could be the tyres a little past it and also rubber naturally hardens and has less grip at low temps so your recent weather over there won't help.

I am going for tyres also, for winter you either need 'all weather' or so called winter tyres both have a special rubber compound have look at your tyre side walls for m+s and a snow flake symbol, my standard fittment Goodyears have them.

post-5809-006406900 1292220896_thumb.jpg