110 swivel oil seal plates

My 110 front axle has 2 plates and a with a gasket(Joint Washer) between them that hold the Oil seal in the back of the swivel pin housing.

My question is do you need all three parts? the 110 manual 1987+ only shows 2 of them, 1 plate and 1 gasket(Joint Washer)

To confuse the issue each side was done differently one was plate/gasket/plate the other was gasket/plate/plate?

Thanks

Merry Christmas

Parts 12 and 13 in on the Diagram

post-6197-079086600 1293282551_thumb.jpg

My 110 front axle has 2 plates and a with a gasket(Joint Washer) between them that hold the Oil seal in the back of the swivel pin housing.

My question is do you need all three parts? the 110 manual 1987+ only shows 2 of them, 1 plate and 1 gasket(Joint Washer)

To confuse the issue each side was done differently one was plate/gasket/plate the other was gasket/plate/plate?

Thanks

Merry Christmas

Parts 12 and 13 in on the Diagram

my '89 110 just has the oil seal in the back & the retanier ring, can't see any reason for a gasket on the outside, unless it's to stop the retianer ring corroding to the swivel housing.

I am with you western - gasket would be no use there and can not see the point of it. The oil seal holds the fluids back so the gasket would serve no purpose.

I have just overhalled one end of my axile and ordered all parts as per parts list and ther was no gasket.

Regards

Frax :huh: