v8i disco 1(any good)

wanaron

So here is the million dollar question, as th title says are they any good? now i know im gonna get the answer depends on way its been treated etc etc. im talking a basically half decent looking motor with a long mot, and drives and does what it should. what im really asking( probably opening a can of worms)is how do they compare to jap 4x4s, and long term what to look out for in reliability issues. not long moved back to Landy after jap diesel, and invite owners gripes and accolades respectively. incidentally i tow 17ft caravan, and horse trailer regularly.

thanks Wayne

A browse back through the Disco (and Range Rover) forums should put you off give you some idea of what goes wrong and how easy it is to fix.

The biggest problem is rust in the body, most of the rest is nuts and bolts fixable, spares are cheap and there's loads of 2nd hand parts about.

Well thats exactly what ive gone for, Lpg. looks ok rustwise and drives beautifully. look forward to sharing banter and experiences of owning a v8 on here. im a realist so bound to be good times as well as not so.

Cheers Wayne