series 2 body

danny70

Hello everyone my name is Dan completely new to the world of LR but am well hooked allready. I recently obtained a series 300 badly damaged on the back body. Also severly corroded in all the normal places wheel arches boot footwells etc. My next question looking at the parts availability and time involved i think fitting a later series 2 body would be more beneficial. Has anyone done this and if so are there any major problems? was going to use as mush as possible of the 300 elctrics for the dash etc .Any thoughts anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

hi all thought time i posted on progress of my project. amazing how many bits of a 300 will fit a td5 shell, also amazing how small some of the differences in size preventing use are. i have wire wheeled shot blasted the engine bay, painted and sealed the shell. the shell is now sitting on the chassis the rear body mount will have to be modified as well the moving the pair over the rear axle. I am using the series 1 loom modified to deal with the interior of the td5 shell next step will be to wire up the electrics and get the engine fired up again. will post pics and more detail at a later date