how realistic 200 tdi on D2

skydog

Need qualified advice for the following task.

I have D1 200Tdi with poor body and possibility to get for low money D2 3.9 auto transfer (2000 year).

The questions are:

-will 200tdi engine sit on D2 frame and fit with auto transfer box? This is one variant. And the other-

-will D2 front and rear axles fit to D1 frame ?

The idea is : D2 is in good condition but the consumption of 3.9 engine is unbearable for me at least.

Thanks for your help

In a nutshell I would say no.

TD5 body is much heavier than that of the tdi models so you will be underpowered and the auto box setup will not work with the 200tdi motor very well as mentioned above.

D2 rear axles use a watts linkage rather than an A frame so adaption will be needed. Personnally I would sell your D1 for parts i.e. engine/gearbox/axles and then use that cash to put the D2 on LPG, job done.

Driven a couple of 300Tdi to D2's and a TGV D2. All nice vehicles. Both 300Tdi motors were in a light state of tune. All were R380 'boxes

200 Tdi has more available grunt. 200Tdi with an LT77 would work as would an R380. WOuld be a nice truck but would cost a bit to do

For the cost of the bits get an LPG kit and sell the 200Tdi