WARNING - Thieves at it in Essex Area, plus anyone seen my Defender?

Impulse 4x4

Damn straight. Mine will have a very large chain round the chassis and the main support of a barn. Any noisy attempt to take it will be met by 4 dogs who don't trust strangers. And lets face it, driving off a defender is never quiet.

Hello All,

Well still no sign of my truck, so I guess that's that. Insurance have come back with a offer of £1500 :blink: so think there's going to be some legal wrangles now too.

All I can say is, lock em up tight. There have been another 4 Defender thefts since mine (and these are just the ones I know about) in Essex, all low tech but tidy Tdi-s with good bit on.

Good luck all!

Hello All,

Well still no sign of my truck, so I guess that's that. Insurance have come back with a offer of £1500 :blink: so think there's going to be some legal wrangles now too.

Get ready for a long battle, i am still arguing for a settlement figure for SWMBO Trooper from before Xmas, insured value 4k their best offer 1k :angry:

Nothii as the Romans would say, if they insist on being stupid tell them to source you an exact spec vehicle themselves, and you will accept that instead subject to your engineer giving it the once over ( or at least the chassis a good manual shot peening with toffee hammer).

Did that with wifes Sportrak in 1996 which sis in law rolled into ditch. forecourt value asked for 10,500 they offered 6,000 :huh:, lots of arguing then saw the light and sent letter to supply identical car and i would accept, 11k cheque arrived three days later in full and final :D