heated screen retro fit on a D1 ?

moose

Hi all,

Need to get my screen replaced on my 96 300tdi D1 thanks to the large bolder that at truck launched at it yesterday (knew i should have taken the company car but thats karma for you :( ).

My disco its a base poverty spec machine.. so my question if i get a heated screen fitted how much hassle is it to retro fit all the extra bits needed to drive the heated screen?

any one on here done this?

I did the very same thing last winter on our Disco 1. You'll need a switch, timer relay, 70Amps relay, inline fuse, thick gauge wire and the wiring diagram that Ralph has on this forum. If you search for heated windscreen you'll find the info, sorry I can't remember which board it was on, either Defender or International.

Todd.

Easy if you already have the wiring loom ie. the two sockets either side of the screen by the bonnet hinges.

The multifunction unit takes care of the timer all you need then is two relays, one for each side of the screen, and a illumimated switch that fits in the switch bank under the clock and a fuse in the fuse box.