1997 D1 Central Locking Problem

Fossy31

Hi all,

I have tried a search but couldn't come up with the answer, so here goes...

Central locking has been working fine for years until I go to the disco after it being sat without a battery for a week, I reconnected the battery and all was fine for a few days until....

Now when I press the fob to lock it, it locks all doors then immediately unlocks all doors and then locks and unlocks continuously until you press the unlock button. If you try and lock the drivers door with the key it would do exactly the same. In the short term so I can actually lock the car I have removed the link from the actuator to the drivers lock and now have to lock all doors manually, obviously the alarm is not armed so I'd quite like to fix it.

I was going to buy a new drivers actuator to try, until I saw the price! Does anyone have any ideas what I could try before splashing out on a new actuator?

Cheers

Foss

Try adjusting the actuator on it's mountings, there's a fine line either it locks or unlocks or 'bounces' so slacken and move the actuator one way or the other, there's only a few milimetre each way but thats enough.

Ok thanks guys, I will try adjusting the acctuator tonight and hope its that. Peter, when you say check the switches, do you mean the ones which also control the interior lights? If you do i'm pretty sure that both passenger side and rear switches do not work, and i dont think they ever have, interior lights dont stay on when you leave these doors open??