Spotted this on ebay

smokinv8

Not that bad a price really for 2 steering mogs with the rams, disc brakes looks like one of sfs kits though probably means the o/s/f shaft is a sfs one too.

DD is that a bad thing?

Was going to have a punt but know nothing about sfs.

My brother-in-law Marek knows the guy who owns it, he took it three peaks one year and built it in the same yard as the guy Marek winched for on mid-summer-madness.

It is all Straight Forward Supplies stuff, most of which is fine, like the offest swap, shaft and pinion conversion, it's the disc brake conversion I'd be cautious of, plus those rams don't look very well positioned. To be honest the only real problem with the brakes isthe choice and mounting of the calipers.

On three peaks the truck was snapping portal boxes frequently, but I can't remember what engine it had.

It is all Straight Forward Supplies stuff, most of which is fine, like the offest swap, shaft and pinion conversion, it's the disc brake conversion I'd be cautious of, plus those rams don't look very well positioned. To be honest the only real problem with the brakes isthe choice and mounting of the calipers.

Not my experiance.

I've got a set of their double beadlock wheels, the bolt holes that join the 2 halves of the wheel don't even line up, and they are so out of true it's unreal.

The quality of their shafts left a lot to be desired, i sold most of my rakeway made shafts to sfs customers, problems varied from the pin that the cv builds onto not fitting in them, or the shafts breaking in the first hours of use.

Not my experiance.

I've got a set of their double beadlock wheels, the bolt holes that join the 2 halves of the wheel don't even line up, and they are so out of true it's unreal.

The quality of their shafts left a lot to be desired, i sold most of my rakeway made shafts to sfs customers, problems varied from the pin that the cv builds onto not fitting in them, or the shafts breaking in the first hours of use.

Sorry DD, I haven't seen any of their wheels so I can't comment. I've got some of their pinion conversions, which are good (made to EXAXT specs) and the shafts seem to vary by batch, there seems to have been a poorer quality batch which don't fit. The ones I have are a different size on the pin than the dodgy ones. When I bought these bits from Tim I got the CAD files for the disc conversion parts, and to be honest, I'm scared!