front prop

dicsosfa

hi

i think 1 of my uj's on the front prop on my 300tdi disco has gone ( horrible tinkering noise on acceleration and under load) just wondered if the 200 and 300's have the same front prop as i can get 1 from a 200tdi from my mate that he has spare that had 2 new uj's fitted a few months ago but never used for a fiver

also if i got rid of the rubber doughnut on the rear what bits would i need and how hard would it be to do the job ?

Roy

To get rid of the rubber doughnut you need to change the diff flange to a 4 bolt, simple enough job. Remove prop, take the doughnut alighnment spigot thingy out the centre of the flange (might be a bit stuck in there, but it is just pushed in. I needed heat and slide hammer). Then undo the big nut in the middle and its done :-). May be worth replacing the seal while your there if your diff leaks.

As for the front prop, I am 99% sure it fits, give it a measure is the easiest way to do it.

HTH :)

I would be very suprised if they are not the same knowing Land Rovers liking to carry parts over from model to model.

There are a couple of kits avaliable now that include the parts needed to convert from a 3 bolt to a 4 bolt system. Off the top of my head they were about £20 to £30 depending on the supplier but may well have changed since I last looked.