Springs..........

Hi all..... i currently have RR classic rear springs on my truck, as they're the tallest 'standard' springs there are, nice and soft too.... i use my truck for ALRC rtv's, and i need soft springs, however, i have found that even with these springs i don;t quite have enough height when the truck has all the gear on board.... So, what i require is taller springs, but with roughly the same spring rate, i don;t want much firmer, as that will limit articulation...... there don;t seem to be many tall and soft springs available..!

Any ideas..??

You really need to know what compressed spring length you want when fully loaded.

So, load up the truck and head off to your local weighbridge and find out what each axle weighs.

Then, armed with this data, subtract 150kg for the front axle and 100kg for the rear and take a look at the tech archive for spring options and have a play with Trev's spring calculator.

Easy!

AIUI, you can just turn up at a 'public weigh bridge' and expect to have your vehicle weighed. I guess there will be a charge, but I doubt is is exorbitant. You can find a list of public weigh bridges on your county council's web site, which gives the contact numbers so you can call ahead and ask what the charges will be.

On the other hand, there are lots of companies who operate private weigh bridges and I'm sure in most cases, asking the operator nicely, and slipping them a few beer vouchers, will have the desired result.

Nick.

If you understand such things, which i don;t........LOL

Whats the crack with local weighbridges, there's one a mile away, but i have no idea if i can just drive in, and onto it or what...???

Beer tokens usually work ;)

Alternatively, call Gwyn Lewis and explain your dilemma......