Drafty Doors

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have come up with any solutions to the huge drafts that come in around the edge of the doors, particularly on older Defenders?

It's not so much the cold that bothers me but more the noise when travelling at speed. The rubber seal around my doors is in pretty poor condition. Is it possible to replace the seal and if so, where can I get the seal from?

Has anyone come up with any other draft (and even water) excluding ideas for the rest of the truck?

Cheers

John

They are easy enough to replace but I was disappointed with the result. Just pull the old seal off and the new one pushes into the opening. Before I put the new (moment of shame here :blush: , Br***Part) one on, I adjusted the latch so the door shut nicely and flush with the bodywork, but when I put the seal on I had to nearly pull the inside handle off to get it to close. From another thread, I found that there are solid rubber cores inserted at a couple of places inside the seal and this stops the seal compressing and hence the door won't close.

Managed to get them out with a pair of long nosed pliers but still not really happy with the result although no longer need a windproof coat whilst driving.

I may try using a genuine seal to see if that works better but at £60 each you can see why I went the blue box route first.

Malcolm