First post

windy69

First post

Hi to all

I have a Freelander Td4 (2001). Having problems getting it started. Fuel is getting up past filter it just turns over but car will not start any ideas. Don't think it's the pumps they was just new last year for the third time in 4 years. Any help would be great full.

When you say it just turns over, do you mean "it only just manages to turn over" or do you mean "it just turns over and over and doesn't start"?

Do the glowplugs come on? Any warning lights? Was it OK last time it ran? Has it been stood? Is tha battery good & charged?

hi

you state you have a 2001 so have one fuel pump in the o/s rear wheel arch area

can you hear any fuel running through the pipes when you turn the ignition on in the engine bay ??

if not the fuel pump is not running if you bang the pump it will start to work now does it start ??

if you can hear fuel in the pipes with the ignition on then chances are it is a injector leaking back fuel to the return line.

to test this remove engine covers and air box cover and unbolt the injector loom and move aside remove the leak off pipe the small on on top of the injectors and clamp pipe off.

turn ignition on and if a injector has failed you will see fuel leaking out of the top of the injector???

the fuel pressure must build up to a set pressure to start if a injector is leaking back it can not so will not let the engine run.

hope this helps

hi

you state you have a 2001 so have one fuel pump in the o/s rear wheel arch area

can you hear any fuel running through the pipes when you turn the ignition on in the engine bay ??

if not the fuel pump is not running if you bang the pump it will start to work now does it start ??

if you can hear fuel in the pipes with the ignition on then chances are it is a injector leaking back fuel to the return line.

to test this remove engine covers and air box cover and unbolt the injector loom and move aside remove the leak off pipe the small on on top of the injectors and clamp pipe off.

turn ignition on and if a injector has failed you will see fuel leaking out of the top of the injector???

the fuel pressure must build up to a set pressure to start if a injector is leaking back it can not so will not let the engine run.

hope this helps

hi

fuel is getting to the injectors no fuel coming out the top of the injectors. mine is the one with two fuel pumps one under the back seat and 1 in the engine bay both seem to be ok. would bad glow plugs stop it from starting.

First post

Hi to all

I have a Freelander Td4 (2001). Having problems getting it started. Fuel is getting up past filter it just turns over but car will not start any ideas. Don't think it's the pumps they was just new last year for the third time in 4 years. Any help would be great full.

I'm having a similar problem, my freelanders 5/6 years old, but it only happens when it's got wet or is parked slightly uphill. from Auntie.

Auntie

Thought yours was a misfire this one won't start at all. Had a similar problem with a previous car (not L/R) that turned out to be camshaft sensor failure, the engine management light hadn't triggered as the engine wouldn't start.

Auntie

Thought yours was a misfire this one won't start at all. Had a similar problem with a previous car (not L/R) that turned out to be camshaft sensor failure, the engine management light hadn't triggered as the engine wouldn't start.

Hi

I had the camshaft sensor replaced about 18 months ago. My car would not start when it was hot that was the problem. Land rover had to fix it then after I took a mortgage out to pay for it.