Driving me mad!

Up until last year you could just buy the later switch, relay & sub-harness and it was a straight-forward upgrade using standard parts off a later model Defender (I think they became standard on the 300TDi) and it all came in at under £50 as well. Unfortunately the sub-harness is no-longer available (some on-line dealers are still showing it listed but when you contact them you find out that they can't supply them) so you have to make up your own, not a difficult job following the two different wiring diagrams but a pain if you aren't paticularly good with electrics.

I think you can just change the relay, there is info on this in the tech section.

Regards

Frax ;)

Well not really.

There isn't facility for a timer relay on the older vehicles and the switch is different, instead of flick wipe it has an intermitant position instead.

All Defenders have flick-wipe, just on later models (with intermittent) it's done by pushing the stalk up towards the standard speed on position just enough to trigger the wipe but not far enough to latch over onto that next position. Takes a bit of learning but once you get the knack it's dead easy.

Intermittent wipe was in during the 200Tdi era, both mine have it.