New radiator

Roverbo

Hi All,

my radiator is leaking water, so I´m about to buy a new one. I´ve read so many negative things about br...parts, so can you please tell me, is the radiator from paddox OK? The cheapest by far, including freight to Denmark...

Oh, forgot to say, is´s a RRC 1990 Vogue, so fitted with the triple circuit rad, for engine oil, trans. oil and water.

Thanks,

Bo

Many of the new replacements are of very poor quality - is there no radiator shop that can recore your old one locally ?

I will ask around, but as this is my daily car, i would like a quick job. Not so comfortable to bring the old rad in a public bus either... :unsure:

I´ve actually changed the rad once before to a second hand "as good as new" (well...it was not, leaked from the first day) - so this time it must be right.

Someone in this forum sure must have tried the part from paddocks?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Britpart 3.9 auto radiator in my Discovery. It is Ok. Brass and copper and soldered well. But... don't forget to take the oil cooler adaptors out of the old radiator before you take it to the scrap yard to weigh it in, as the new rad doesn't come with them.

I have a Britpart 3.9 auto radiator in my Discovery. It is Ok. Brass and copper and soldered well. But... don't forget to take the oil cooler adaptors out of the old radiator before you take it to the scrap yard to weigh it in, as the new rad doesn't come with them.

Thanks, Nick, I will keep this in mind. Unlikely to be a problem though, as I tend to keep the old parts in my backgarden for years... :lol: But - serious - aren´t the adaptors soldered to the rad? - or are they som kind of screwfit?

/Bo