1985 County door lock barrel

Got a 1985 CSW - Need to know how to change the door lock barrels. Basically these are totally different to the later type. Does anyone have an early LR repair manual that actually states how to dismantle them.

Now I am going from memory here, since it's been a long time since I took mine apart.

The main door latch assembly is rivetted together, but the lock barrel can be swapped over. I have a feeling there's a screw that is threaded into the end of the barrel from behind the door trim, see picture.

post-7124-0-96356000-1301517022_thumb.jpg

There's a screw on the back of the lock, it can be removed without taking the latch mechanism out of the door. It has a locking tab washer on it so you have to press the tabs down with a srewdriver, then I believe the screw is an 8mm hex head. And be aware -- there are two ball bearings that ride in grooves on top of the lock cylinder, and if you lose them the lock doesn't work!