td5 defender auto electrical problem

hi all iv been tryin to start my project defender 110 td5 up . iv put an automatic gear from a td5 dicovery in it. as iv been trying to start it the engine turns over but it like there not enough power to do it . it seems to struggle to turn over. last night i noticed the auto box x and y switch was touching the bulkhead so i bent the bulkhead tunnel ever so slightly so it wasnt touching. now theres no power going to the engine to enable it to start up. but the dash lights still light up. there isnt even power going to the fuel sender unit.

im not fully experience with wiring so any help wud be very apprieciated as ever.

thanks for your help

chris

Have you checked the earth to the engine??

Am thinking that it is not spinning fast due to this and it was earthing via the "touching bulkhead" and now is not earthed as is no longer touching.

Andy

hi just so i can check do you know where the earths should be for the engine and where from .

cheers

chris