2dr RRC how does the rear quarter attach behind wheel?

willfromsussex

Just building up my car, how does the rear quarter attach behind wheel? THe front part of the quarter goes onto the plastic sill trim by the look of it, but the rear bit just near the mudflap bracket is just in mid air, is there meant to be a bracket that holds this to the mudflap bracket mount, anyone got diagram or photo? THankyou!

rt-shellfit07s.jpg

AFAIK there is a wheelarch extension which bolts onto the back edge of the wheelarch tub, I recently saw it advertised as part of a mudflap kit on the bay. All RRC should have them and they are stiffened by a strut bolted to the bottom of the rear floor.

At the lower edge of the extension where the mudflap bolts there should be a reinforcing strip to bolt the other side of the rubber. These are longer than the extension and the rear quarter bolts to the outer end. Failing that a twisted strip bracket is bolted to the outer edge of the wheearch extesnion. The bolt IIRC sits behind the metalwork.

With the wing off the outer edge of the wheelarch tub is covered with said rubber sealing strip, it should have a wiper like a door seal and is there to stop water getting blasted into the gap by the wheel, it also succeeds in wearing through any paint ans causing corrosion.

AFAIK there is a wheelarch extension which bolts onto the back edge of the wheelarch tub

Correct, there should be two though, one in front of the wheel arch and one behind. I've got the outers off mine, but haven't touched anything else back there. I've not got any good photos of the area, but here are some awful shots taken with the outer still in place:

Drivers side looking forward:

IMG_8695.JPG

Drivers side looking back:

IMG_8694.JPG

The part he is after is not listed there. It is a triangle shape bracket with the based on the triangle bent at 90 degrees. The bent part of the base bolts to where the rubber part of the mudflap bolts to the metal section. the rest of the bracket effectively lays along the bottom ridge of the quarter panel and bolts to it about 1 inch back from the mudflap.

Thanks but would still love to see a pic of this elusive bracket so I know what I'm aiming for. I already have the mudflaps installed including the brackets which reinforce them (one to bottom of spare wheel well and other to similar area other side. )

the one on my 76 looks the same as number 8 without the outside edge.

Thanks but would still love to see a pic of this elusive bracket so I know what I'm aiming for. I already have the mudflaps installed including the brackets which reinforce them (one to bottom of spare wheel well and other to similar area other side. )

Here's mine - and you can see where the bolt through the bracket has torn out a chunk of the flange at the bottom of the wing.

Pete

post-24161-0-23447000-1303539334_thumb.jpg