rrc whats this bracket for, (front wing?)

willfromsussex

Are we talking outer wing? If so my guess is that they're for the trailing edge of the wing. If you open the drivers door, looking forward there should be two vertical strips of steel on the bulkhead below where the scuttle panel lies. The one closest to the engine should be longer and should have a seal on it, the smaller one has/had a couple of screw clips. I guess that piece should be attached to that trailing edge of the wing to screw through to the bulkhead. That's pure guesswork though, been playing with the Series the past few days so the Rangie is being neglected :(

I find the huge LR parts catalogue with exploded diagrams more useful than a Haynes manual at times, but I guess its not really worth the money now you're so close :P

Found it:

Group L: Front Wings and and Deck Panel

Part number 391317(2)

Seems to actually be and extension of the L shaped section that mounts the top of the inner and outer wings. Not sure what it does, its not what i thought it was and not something I've seen on mine :/

P.S. Told you parts catalogues are AWESOME :D

Thanks. That seems to be where it goes indeed, but can't see what it does. Only two of the holes seem to line up, but maybe they have 4 holes so the same part can be used on either side of the car.

When i google that partnumber this page comes up

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/871/3569/1/391317-WING-MOUNTING-RAIL-REAR.html?limit=0

• 2 weeks later...