leaking disco sunroofs

twizzle

hello all

ive picked up a 1996 300tdi disco an the last owner said that the sunroofs leak leak a siv

dose anybody how to stop this happening, do landrover mak the rubbers still to fit

thanks

post-1882-0-26474700-1303566205_thumb.jpg

:blink: Twizzle :blink:

Strip the roof lining out, then remove the sunroof glass and clean the seals/ gutters/ drains etc, then remove the sunroof tray and that will release the plastic surround off the roof, clean the grease and grime off and re-seal (i used tiger seal). then its just a case of putting it all back together.

as scatt says remove the lining and re seal the sunroofs but also take the plastic corners out off the gutter when you get it out and reseal them back in too. seals are still available but only for the disco 2 but they're the same anyway and are about £20 each.

It's more than likely the drain hoses, they sometimes come adrift. It's a bit of a headache fixing it because more often than not you need to remove the head lining.

In my own personal experience if the sunroof drains are still on the tray then leave them there! just blow them through with a air line or feed some wire down them if there really blocked. but its a simple job, its more time than anything else.

Only two reasons for sunroofs to leak and both are seals, the so called drains are only there to take water 'run off' should there be water laying on top of the glass when the sunroof is opened, thats why they are only at the front of the sunroof.

thanks very much people

first im going have to cut all the sealent from around the sunroof's and get some winders for them because the old owner got rid of them both

time to order seal's then

thanks much'ly

:blink: TWIZZLE :blink:

In my own personal experience if the sunroof drains are still on the tray then leave them there! just blow them through with a air line or feed some wire down them if there really blocked. but its a simple job, its more time than anything else.

That's exactly what I did but I fitted some hose (jubilee?) clips onto the drains to make sure they didn't come off