Test Book - "Undocumented Fault"

kiwi_110

Hi gang, recently had to replace the in-tank pump and hi-pressure diesel pump on a 01 TD4 Freebie. Just went to get the faults cleared at a dealer and it showed "Low fuel pressure" which they cleared, and "Undocumented Fault" which won't clear so the MIL is still illuminated. They said to drive it for a few more days and then get it checked again, in case the Low fuel pressure fault was masking something that it couldn't quite work out.

Anyone else ever had a "Undocumented Fault" from testbook or similar, and have any ideas what it might be?

Ray

NZ

Yes,in various situations over the years,but have always been able to clear them.Was there a code number with it ? What disc did they use,I think the latest one I have for FL 01 on is DRG0035TL - cant remember if there are any more.

Do any live data readings stay grey - ie out of parameters whilst running ? If they do it could lead to an answer.

• 3 weeks later...

My Daughter managed to get the Freebie back to the dealer today for the Test Book recheck. They were able to clear the undocumented fault this time, but they've written on a bit of paper that it's still saying:

"Low side fuel pressure malfunction OX1255 P2542 Low pressure fuel rail sensor" Then they've written "LR009732 $884.24" (that's about GBP 400 or so)

The kid said they told her that's what it needed to fix it. Well I've just had a snorkel though the Freebie section of MicroCat and I can't find LR009732 as a part number, nor can I find any "fuel rail sensor" so I don't know what they're on about...

Ray.

Cool, thanks Western, I spotted the regulator in Microcat and wondered if that's what they meant but it only listed STC4768. I'll source one from Uk, even with GBP 50 airfreight, it will be cheaper than buying it from the gouging NZ dealer.

Ray.

the other reason for this fault is due to the failure of the pump it has sent swarf down the fuel lines and contaminated the fuel system when you replace the sensor check the rail for small shiny pices of metal if you have these then it will need a fuel system replaing and also the injector too