Not getting anywhere fast today

Not having much luck today on my 90. :angry:

Having finished changing the springs/bushes/ball joint and welding up the rear, this weekend I turned to the front of my 90. Yesterday I swapped the front springs, and fitted new shock turrets (old ones where really rotten), and fitted a new steering damper (shot bushes). That all went well.

This morning I decided to do the panhard rod bushes, so undid the nuts/bolts fairly easily, but just could not bash out the bolt from the steering box end no matter what I tried. Jacked up the chassis and lump hammer etc, nothing. So, I put that back together and thought I would move onto removing the EGR system and fitting the balnk plate. Again, can't shift the allen bolts! Didn't get round to trying heat today I have had enough of not getting anywhere. :(

So what are good tips for the EGR bolts and whilst at it the front exhaust/manifold nuts as I have a decat front pipe to fit.

I almost gave up when doing the EGR system and de-cat! Perseverence is key.

Lots of WD40 and try and tighten the nuts before you undo them. It should crack the threads and then undo. Maybe try and shock it with a hammer. The manifold nuts need a couple of extension bars to attack it from underneath.

After a break and a drink I went back into the garage. Heated the bolts up with the blowlamp, then sprayed with 3 in 1 dismantling fluid, and repeated a couple of times. Then they came undone. :) The hammer did nothing. So EGR off, blank plate on.

Also I have now flushed the intercooler and taken off the inlet manifold and started cleaning that out. Very tempted to finish it in the dishwasher - just don't tell the wife! :lol:

The inlet/exhaust gasket has split at No 1 cylinder so need to change that, then back together.

I will get it up on my ramps and work from underneath to have another go at the 3 exhaust/manifold nuts as suggested.

Cheers.