Simex

JST

The poplular size seems to be 35, 10.5 16s. although a few have 23585R16 (235/85 = 31"??? correct?)

So can you get SIMEX (or FEDIMA) equivalent to 255/85R16? (33" tyres)?

Anyone running them?

I am thinking about the SIMEX upgrade by dont want to increase tyre size too much for the Tdi to try and pull, limit articulation with tyre rub, destroy the arches, hence the 33" option being the same as the current MTs i am running.

Any thoughts?

The Fedima 235/85 is a lot taller than a standard 235 as it is a remould, it would be worth measuring one. The 35s on mine actually measure 36.5, which is a bummer when a tyre size of 36" maximum is becoming a common rule these days. It may also be that they are made in 255.

James,

If you're set on Simex OK, but what about Greenway Macho's?

Available in 285 x 75 x 16 which is a fraction under 33" but would probably measure up large as a remould.

The best bit? £62 a corner!

Not as competent int eh deep stuff as Simex but bluddy good elsewhere.

Have a look HERE

I wish we could get 35/36 inch aggressive tread remoulds in OZ.It gets a bit expensive replacing Simex/Super Swampers every year or so at around four hundred dollars each. The reason the tyre remoulders don't do them apparently, is because of the scarcity of suitable casings that haven't delaminated due to regularly running aired down.

Bill

I wish we could get 35/36 inch aggressive tread remoulds in OZ.It gets a bit expensive replacing Simex/Super Swampers every year or so at around four hundred dollars each. The reason the tyre remoulders don't do them apparently, is because of the scarcity of suitable casings that haven't delaminated due to regularly running aired down.

Bill

That seems a plausable reason to me.

As mentioned above, another consideration is the price, you cannot guarantee the life of any tyre - it only takes a moment of bad luck and it could be a few hundred ££££ (or $$$$) down the drain, I called paddocks the other day, they measured an Insa Turbo Special Track (another Simex copy) in 235/85/16 for me and said it was Ø32½" these come in at about £70 plus p&p.