Front washer replacement

Hey there everyone. I have recently got a 90. 94 reg. All bang tidy and will upload some pics later. Just a quick question to ask about the front window washer. I need to replace it.

Can someone please tell me how I do this please??

Thanks

Sam

some have done it by working through the ashtray hole in the dash top, but I prefer to remove the dash top padded part for better access, seeing what I'm doing.

move the instrument pack, remove both end parts of the dash [heater controls, grab handle] demist vent surrounds [2 screws each], 3 big screws at base of windscreen, 2 screws on the lower edge of dash top, then lift & rotate the forward edge upwards, dashtop needs be rolled off,

Ok just a quick up date. New washer on. But there's no water coming out of hose. Now I know the pump owls because the rear washer works with water.

I've checked the fuses and nothing seems to be blown? Can anyone shed some light?

Ta

Sam

do you have 2 washer pumps one for front & one for rear screens ?

if yes,

check the pump that feeds the front wash jet is working/got a 12v feed, or the pipe may have a blockage, pull it off & operate pump to clear any blockage.

Seperate pumps I believe, so the rear working doesn't mean the front will. If the diaphragm in the pump is split, then the motor will run, but no water. There's also a non-return valve in line to prevent water from draining back into the reservoir and then taking a while to get up to the jets when you need it. Water bottles also get dirt and/or a slimy gunky mess in them, which can block the pipe or valve. Disconnect the pipe from the pump (water will drible out anyway), but when you press the switch, the water should jet out.

Les.

Right. So I check fuses and pipes and switches. All fine. Look at the two motors attached to the water box under bonnet. Tool them off. Cleaned them up and nothing

Now when I went to put them back on I pit the wires the other way around. Turned ignition on and the pump worked but was on full blast all of the time.

Could the motor be wrong?

Ta

Sam

washer motors only pump at full speed, they only have a on & off setting, there's no variable speed for them, if one motor is not working, it's probably dead or corroded inside. the wires are in a plastic housing [or should be] they will only fit one way, but can be swapped to run either motor.

That's what I did. Swaps them over but the pump makes a constant noise. Might tale to garage.

constant noise when it's running is normal [because it's pumping fluid] or is it noisy when not used ? if yes, then you need a new pump.

it's possible to prise off the wiper stalk end car & check the 2 copper prong contacts, spring & ring on the end cap are all intact, maybe the 2 prongs are squeezed to close together & just touching to complete the circuit. or the wiring is being fed with power from another circuit.