Hot Starting Problem

des90

I have a promlem with hot starting with MS2 with edis ign-When starting hot the idle rises and falls until the wideband lambda heats up and sets.The engine then runs perfectly at 14AFR.I have played about with the EGO and AE with no success-Anybody got any ideas

Sounds like your VE table is a little off, and your idle valve isn't set up correctly.

I,v been fine tuning the VE table and i,m happy with that and this problem has been happening from the start and any amount of adjustment doesnt seem to change it- but one thing i have noticed is that i,v had to recalibrate the throttle pot twice-I checked it with a multimeter and all seems ok-I wonder if it was sending dodgy signals at idle and that is the problem

Sounds like your VE table is a little off, and your idle valve isn't set up correctly.

Just in case i,v had brain fade-what would you say the rough settings should be for a RV8 idle valve?

Rename it from .msq to .txt and it should allow it.

Note the VE table is just for running, the point of interest here is warmup enrichment / IAT correction tables.

How bad is your TPS? They're not super precise so +/-10% is fine, if it's hitting the top value randomly then the ECU will go into flood clear mode and not inject any fuel.