Snorkel Tube Diameter

I recently fitted one of these. The outside diameter of the tube is about 70mm (measured 70.5mm, but it has a thick "plastic" coating). Do you need the inner as well? If yes, then I'll have to take the top off. A good quality kit in my opinion - but it is the only one I've ever fitted!

John

John,

Cheers for that - the od is fine for what I was trying to work out... no need to take the top off.

Was basically trying to see if I could swap the top for a different one, but it is looking unlikley. If I were to go for it, I would probably make a new top up completely...

Cheers

Mark

Ah - I see, but the standard mushroom top fits on a rubber collar of 77-78mm diameter with a metal clamp. Something like a Donaldson cyclonic filter would probably fit. Have a look at the installation instructions for the LR STC 50265 and you will find some diagrams.

John