can someone point me in the right direction

stripy

there must be a thread on here somewhere about hand painting a landrover but i cant find it :(

i need info on what to do for best results, how much paint & etch primer (def 90 ) to buy , what paint is best ect ect . :blink:

anyone help :)

from memory of other threads radiator rollers are best. i used a foam roller & have an 'eggshell' effect that looks just like the surface of the roller on my disco.

two litres covered a disco with two coats of gloss going white to orange.

I used solid foam radiator rollers to great effect with my sereies'

I used about 3 or 4 roller heads to do a vehicle (this stops them getting overloaded with paint and ruining the finish) and a 1" bruch to do the awkward areas first

I used polyurethane brushing paint from the local auto body shop (£15/ltr) used about 300ml to do a swb, one good coat was enough to cover anything beneath it

Paint prep involved a quick rub down with a scotchbrite pad, grey spray can primer over bare metal and filler, paint thinned about 10% and a dry, still day

Once masked, it would only take about 40 minutes to do a complete exterior of a landy and the results were fantastic

paint.jpg

resto1big.jpg

resto3big.jpg

more pics here

Nice Land Rovers, Landrover598.

Yep, you can get a great finish. This was painted with a roller and a brush after a quick wash down - literally. It took under an hour....

Landrover.jpg

Unfortunately the brushable paint doesn't last all that long. Well, mine didn't anyway - I used Tractol. This photo was taken last year and the Connecticut climate has since nuked the finish - dull and peeling in places. Needs re-painting again. Still, very easy to touch up and you can work one-panel at a time.

Cheers

Luke

Hi John

Sorry, I don't know about brushable etch primer - I was painting over a previous respray and didn't need it. I didn't thin the paint but I understand you can get an even better finish if you do.

Cheers

Luke