Elkab 2 0.4/1.2 Ohm resistor pack

I have hunted through Microcat, but not managed to find it.

Can anyone point me to the part number for a resistor pack which was mounted near to the front offside headlight under the slam panel just in front of the air conditioning condensor. I think it is for controlling the fan speed. One of the tabs has corroded through, could explain why the aircon is not working.

Vehicle is a K reg 1993 Range Rover Classic 3.9 auto.

Thanks.

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

I am not sure that AEU1747 is it. That seems to be associated with the evaporator/blower assembly end.

The part I am looking for is at the condenser end. My chassis no is in the KA series too. It could be it though especially if someone has modified the wiring in the past.

It might be this resistor then STC3133

STC3133 RESISTOR SPEED CONTROL HEATER brit-car & Craddocks no picture though.

picture here

No, sorry Ralph. I don't think that is it either. That is the resistor pack buried under the dash I think. I had to change one of those on my last Range Rover, and it didn't look like this one.

I think I will be repairing it. It has no moving parts, so just needs opening up and a new terminal crimping or soldering onto the relevant wire coil.

Thanks anyway.

I can't tell from the microcat diagrams where it's exact location is on the vehicle, those 2 are the only resistors without wires or other bits attached as far as I can find.

I couldn't find it either. I can't even see it in wiring diagrams. As you say just the two resistors already mentioned. Strange.

I have discovered that the air conditioning is not original factory equipment but fitted by Davia back in 1996! That explains why we couldn't find it. Fans still not working, so I wonder if the relays are going to be where Land Rover put them?