Lack of power

Good evening chaps!

Ever since owning my td5 90 I've never really been that impressed with the "performance" of it. And recently it's developed what I believe is a fault. It happens mainly uphill under load, I'll back off for a second and then the turbo lag is increased massively over normal operation, it almost seems to bog down or decelerate when I increase the throttle opening. So I've carried out some tests, I've unplugged the air mass sensor, (3 month old genuine item) and noticed slightly improved throttle response, I then disconnected the MAP sensor and the responsiveness has Improved quite notably, disconnecting the both at the same time obviously results in very dismal performance. Could anyone enlighten me with their opinion based on my findings. I have also checked the turbo actuator, which moves freely, although requiring quite a bit of force to move it as I assume it is sprung shut.

Thank you!

Ash

You mentioned the " air mass sensor, (3 month old genuine item)"

Is that part MHK100620?

I has the similar on my TD5 Disco. On steep hills when loaded the car bogged-down at normal speeds (1800-2200 rpm, top gear), if I changed to 4th gear, and revved it the power was fine, but flat as a pancake at 1800-2200 rpm. It seemed there was lots of BHP, but no torque.

We replaced MHK100620 and it's back to normal.

Interestingly the fault did not show up on the diagnostics at my local Indie...